Subject: [PATCH net v2 0/2] bonding: fix NULL deref in bond_rr_gen_slave_id

From: Jonathan Toppins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 13:45:50 -0400

Fix a NULL dereference of the struct bonding.rr_tx_counter member because
if a bond is initially created with an initial mode != zero (Round Robin)
the memory required for the counter is never created and when the mode is
changed there is never any attempt to verify the memory is allocated upon
switching modes.

The first patch provides a selftest to demonstrate the issue and the
second patch fixes the issue.

Jonathan Toppins (2):
  selftests: bonding: cause oops in bond_rr_gen_slave_id
  bonding: fix NULL deref in bond_rr_gen_slave_id

 drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c               | 15 +++---
 .../selftests/drivers/net/bonding/Makefile    |  3 +-
 .../bonding/bond-arp-interval-causes-panic.sh | 49 +++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/bonding/bond-arp-interval-causes-panic.sh

-- 
2.31.1