Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] Add support for 800Gbps speed

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 17:20:02 +0200

Amit Cohen <[email-masked]> writes:

The next Nvidia Spectrum ASIC will support 800Gbps speed.
The IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee already published standards for
800Gbps, see the last update [1] and the list of approved changes [2].

As first phase, add support for 800Gbps over 8 lanes (100Gbps/lane).
In the future 800Gbps over 4 lanes can be supported also.

Extend ethtool to support the relevant PMDs and extend mlxsw and bonding
drivers to support 800Gbps.

Patch set overview:
Patch #1 extends ethtool to support 800Gbps.
Patch #2 extends mlxsw driver to support 800Gbps.
Patch #3 extends bonding driver to support 800Gbps.

----
[1]: https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/public/22_10/22_1004/shrikhande_3df_01a_221004.pdf
[2]: https://ieee802.org/3/df/KeyMotions_3df_221005.pdf

Amit Cohen (3):
  ethtool: Add support for 800Gbps link modes
  mlxsw: Add support for 800Gbps link modes
  bonding: 3ad: Add support for 800G speed

 drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c                |  9 ++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/reg.h     |  1 +
 .../mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum_ethtool.c         | 21 +++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phy-core.c                    | 11 +++++++++-
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h                  |  8 +++++++
 net/ethtool/common.c                          | 14 +++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 63 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.35.3