Subject: [PATCH net v2 0/5] macsec: offload-related fixes

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 23:56:22 +0200

I'm working on a dummy offload for macsec on netdevsim. It just has a
small SecY and RXSC table so I can trigger failures easily on the
ndo_* side. It has exposed a couple of issues.

The first patch is a revert of commit c850240b6c41 ("net: macsec:
report real_dev features when HW offloading is enabled"). That commit
tried to improve the performance of macsec offload by taking advantage
of some of the NIC's features, but in doing so, broke macsec offload
when the lower device supports both macsec and ipsec offload, as the
ipsec offload feature flags were copied from the real device. Since
the macsec device doesn't provide xdo_* ops, the XFRM core rejects the
registration of the new macsec device in xfrm_api_check.

I'm working on re-adding those feature flags when offload is
available, but I haven't fully solved that yet. I think it would be
safer to do that second part in net-next considering how complex
feature interactions tend to be.

v2:
 - better describe the issue introduced by commit c850240b6c41 (Leon
   Romanovsky)
 - drop unnecessary !! (Leon Romanovsky)

Sabrina Dubroca (5):
  Revert "net: macsec: report real_dev features when HW offloading is
    enabled"
  macsec: delete new rxsc when offload fails
  macsec: fix secy->n_rx_sc accounting
  macsec: fix detection of RXSCs when toggling offloading
  macsec: clear encryption keys from the stack after setting up offload

 drivers/net/macsec.c | 51 ++++++++++++++++----------------------------
 1 file changed, 18 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.0