Subject: [PATCH v3 0/7] Avoid clashing function prototypes

From: "Gustavo A. R. Silva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 14:18:05 -0600

When built with Control Flow Integrity, function prototypes between
caller and function declaration must match. These mismatches are visible
at compile time with the new -Wcast-function-type-strict in Clang[1].

This series fixes a total of 424 -Wcast-function-type-strict warnings.

Link: https://reviews.llvm.org/D134831 [1]

Changes in v3:
 - Split non-related orinoco changes out of cgf80211 into a separate
   patch.
 - Mention Coccinelle in some of the patches where it was used
   to make some changes.
 - Add RB tags to a couple of patches.

Changes in v2:
 - Squash patches 1, 2 and 3 into a single patch cfg80211.
 - Add a couple more patches: bna and staging.
 - Fix 254 (227 in bna and 27 in staging) more
   -Wcast-function-type-strict warnings.
 - Link: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hardening/[email-masked]/

v1:
 - Link: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hardening/[email-masked]/

Gustavo A. R. Silva (7):
  wifi: orinoco: Avoid clashing function prototypes
  cfg80211: Avoid clashing function prototypes
  wifi: hostap: Avoid clashing function prototypes
  wifi: zd1201: Avoid clashing function prototypes
  wifi: airo: Avoid clashing function prototypes
  bna: Avoid clashing function prototypes
  staging: ks7010: Avoid clashing function prototypes

 drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bfa_cs.h     |  60 +++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bfa_ioc.c    |  10 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bfa_ioc.h    |   8 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bfa_msgq.h   |   8 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bna_enet.c   |   6 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bna_tx_rx.c  |   6 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bna_types.h  |  27 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/cisco/airo.c             | 204 +++++++-------
 drivers/net/wireless/intel/ipw2x00/ipw2200.c  |   2 +-
 .../wireless/intersil/hostap/hostap_ioctl.c   | 244 +++++++++--------
 drivers/net/wireless/intersil/orinoco/wext.c  | 131 +++++----
 drivers/net/wireless/zydas/zd1201.c           | 174 ++++++------
 drivers/staging/ks7010/ks_wlan_net.c          | 248 +++++++++---------
 include/net/cfg80211-wext.h                   |  20 +-
 net/wireless/scan.c                           |   3 +-
 net/wireless/wext-compat.c                    | 180 ++++++-------
 net/wireless/wext-compat.h                    |   8 +-
 net/wireless/wext-sme.c                       |   5 +-
 18 files changed, 713 insertions(+), 631 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1