Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] bonding: fix bond recovery in mode 2

From: Jonathan Toppins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 15:25:03 -0500

When a bond is configured with a non-zero updelay and in mode 2 the bond
never recovers after all slaves lose link. The first patch adds
selftests that demonstrate the issue and the second patch fixes the
issue by ignoring the updelay when there are no usable slaves.

v2:
 * repost to net tree, suggested by Paolo Abeni
 * reduce number of icmp echos used in test, suggested by Paolo Abeni

Jonathan Toppins (2):
  selftests: bonding: up/down delay w/ slave link flapping
  bonding: fix link recovery in mode 2 when updelay is nonzero

 drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c               |  11 +-
 .../selftests/drivers/net/bonding/Makefile    |   4 +-
 .../selftests/drivers/net/bonding/lag_lib.sh  | 106 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../net/bonding/mode-1-recovery-updelay.sh    |  45 ++++++++
 .../net/bonding/mode-2-recovery-updelay.sh    |  45 ++++++++
 .../selftests/drivers/net/bonding/settings    |   2 +-
 6 files changed, 210 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/bonding/mode-1-recovery-updelay.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/bonding/mode-2-recovery-updelay.sh

-- 
2.31.1