Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] add PLCA RS support and onsemi NCN26000

From: Piergiorgio Beruto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 03:29:30 +0100

This patchset adds support for getting/setting the Physical Layer
Collision Avoidace (PLCA) Reconciliation Sublayer (RS) configuration and
status on Ethernet PHYs that supports it.

PLCA is a feature that provides improved media-access performance in
terms of throughput, latency and fairness for multi-drop (P2MP)
half-duplex PHYs. PLCA is defined in Clause 148 of the IEEE802.3
specifications as amended by 802.3cg-2019. Currently, PLCA is supported
by the 10BASE-T1S single-pair Ethernet PHY defined in the same standard
and related amendments. The OPEN Alliance SIG TC14 defines additional
specifications for the 10BASE-T1S PHY, including a standard register map
for PHYs that embeds the PLCA RS (see PLCA management registers at
https://www.opensig.org/about/specifications/).

The changes proposed herein add the appropriate ethtool netlink interface for
configuring the PLCA RS on PHYs that supports it. A seperate patchset
further modifies the ethtool userspace program to show and modify the
configuration/status of the PLCA RS.

Additionally, this patchset adds support for the onsemi NCN26000
Industrial Ethernet 10BASE-T1S PHY that uses the newly added PLCA
infrastructure.

Piergiorgio Beruto (4):
  net/ethtool: Add netlink interface for the PLCA RS
  phylib: Add support for 10BASE-T1S link modes and PLCA config
  drivers/net/phy: Add driver for the onsemi NCN26000 10BASE-T1S PHY
  driver/ncn26000: add PLCA support

 MAINTAINERS                          |  13 ++
 drivers/net/phy/Kconfig              |   7 +
 drivers/net/phy/Makefile             |   1 +
 drivers/net/phy/ncn26000.c           | 209 +++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phy-c45.c            | 187 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phy-core.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/net/phy/phy.c                | 179 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c         |   3 +
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c            |   6 +-
 include/linux/ethtool.h              |  11 +
 include/linux/phy.h                  |  81 ++++++++
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h         |   3 +
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool_netlink.h |  25 +++
 include/uapi/linux/mdio.h            |  31 +++
 net/ethtool/Makefile                 |   2 +-
 net/ethtool/common.c                 |   8 +
 net/ethtool/netlink.c                |  30 +++
 net/ethtool/netlink.h                |   6 +
 net/ethtool/plca.c                   | 290 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 19 files changed, 1091 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/phy/ncn26000.c
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/plca.c

-- 
2.35.1