Subject: [PATCH rdma-next v1 0/3] Provide more error details when a QP moves to error state

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 11:43:33 +0200

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>

Changelog:
v1: 
 * Reworked mlx4 to allow non-atomic IB QP event handler.
v0: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rdma/[email-masked]/

------------------------------------------
The following series adds ability to get information about fatal QP events.

This functionality is extremely useful for the following reasons:
 * Provides an information about the reason why QP moved to error state,
   in cases where CQE isn't generated.
 * Allows to provide vendor specfic error codes and information that
   could be very useful to users who know them.

An example of a case without CQE is a remote write with RKEY violation.
In this flow, on remote side no CQEs are generated and such error without
indication is hard to debug.

Thanks.

Mark Zhang (1):
  RDMA/mlx: Calling qp event handler in workqueue context

Patrisious Haddad (2):
  net/mlx5: Introduce CQE error syndrome
  RDMA/mlx5: Print error syndrome in case of fatal QP errors

 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/main.c       |   8 ++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/mlx4_ib.h    |   3 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/qp.c         | 121 +++++++++++------
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/main.c       |   7 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/qp.c         | 164 ++++++++++++++++++------
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/qp.h         |   4 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/qpc.c        |   7 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/qp.c |  14 +-
 include/linux/mlx4/qp.h                 |   1 +
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc.h           |  47 ++++++-
 include/rdma/ib_verbs.h                 |   2 +-
 11 files changed, 292 insertions(+), 86 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.1