Subject: [PATCH v3 net-next 0/5] add PLCA RS support and onsemi NCN26000

From: Piergiorgio Beruto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 01:09:06 +0100

This patchset adds support for getting/setting the Physical Layer 
Collision Avoidace (PLCA) Reconciliation Sublayer (RS) configuration and
status on Ethernet PHYs that supports it.

PLCA is a feature that provides improved media-access performance in terms
of throughput, latency and fairness for multi-drop (P2MP) half-duplex PHYs.
PLCA is defined in Clause 148 of the IEEE802.3 specifications as amended
by 802.3cg-2019. Currently, PLCA is supported by the 10BASE-T1S single-pair
Ethernet PHY defined in the same standard and related amendments. The OPEN
Alliance SIG TC14 defines additional specifications for the 10BASE-T1S PHY,
including a standard register map for PHYs that embeds the PLCA RS (see
PLCA management registers at https://www.opensig.org/about/specifications/).

The changes proposed herein add the appropriate ethtool netlink interface
for configuring the PLCA RS on PHYs that supports it. A separate patchset
further modifies the ethtool userspace program to show and modify the
configuration/status of the PLCA RS.

Additionally, this patchset adds support for the onsemi NCN26000
Industrial Ethernet 10BASE-T1S PHY that uses the newly added PLCA
infrastructure.

Piergiorgio Beruto (5):
  net/ethtool: add netlink interface for the PLCA RS
  drivers/net/phy: add the link modes for the 10BASE-T1S Ethernet PHY
  drivers/net/phy: add connection between ethtool and phylib for PLCA
  drivers/net/phy: add helpers to get/set PLCA configuration
  drivers/net/phy: add driver for the onsemi NCN26000 10BASE-T1S PHY

 Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst | 138 +++++++++
 MAINTAINERS                                  |  14 +
 drivers/net/phy/Kconfig                      |   7 +
 drivers/net/phy/Makefile                     |   1 +
 drivers/net/phy/mdio-open-alliance.h         |  46 +++
 drivers/net/phy/ncn26000.c                   | 171 ++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phy-c45.c                    | 191 +++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phy-core.c                   |   5 +-
 drivers/net/phy/phy.c                        | 192 +++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c                 |  17 ++
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c                    |   6 +-
 include/linux/ethtool.h                      |  12 +
 include/linux/phy.h                          |  84 ++++++
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h                 |   3 +
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool_netlink.h         |  25 ++
 net/ethtool/Makefile                         |   2 +-
 net/ethtool/common.c                         |   8 +
 net/ethtool/netlink.c                        |  29 ++
 net/ethtool/netlink.h                        |   6 +
 net/ethtool/plca.c                           | 277 +++++++++++++++++++
 20 files changed, 1231 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/phy/mdio-open-alliance.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/phy/ncn26000.c
 create mode 100644 net/ethtool/plca.c

-- 
2.37.4