Subject: [PATCH rdma-next 00/13] Add RDMA inline crypto support

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 15:05:47 +0200

>From Israel,

The purpose of this patchset is to add support for inline
encryption/decryption of the data at storage protocols like nvmf over
RDMA (at a similar way like integrity is used via unique mkey).

This patchset adds support for plaintext keys. The patches were tested
on BF-3 HW with fscrypt tool to test this feature, which showed reduce
in CPU utilization when comparing at 64k or more IO size. The CPU utilization
was improved by more than 50% comparing to the SW only solution at this case.

How to configure fscrypt to enable plaintext keys:
 # mkfs.ext4 -O encrypt /dev/nvme0n1
 # mount /dev/nvme0n1 /mnt/crypto -o inlinecrypt
 # head -c 64 /dev/urandom > /tmp/master_key
 # fscryptctl add_key /mnt/crypto/ < /tmp/master_key
 # mkdir /mnt/crypto/test1
 # fscryptctl set_policy 152c41b2ea39fa3d90ea06448456e7fb /mnt/crypto/test1
   ** “152c41b2ea39fa3d90ea06448456e7fb” is the output of the
      “fscryptctl add_key” command.
 # echo foo > /mnt/crypto/test1/foo

Notes:
 - At plaintext mode only, the user set a master key and the fscrypt
   driver derived from it the DEK and the key identifier.
 - 152c41b2ea39fa3d90ea06448456e7fb is the derived key identifier
 - Only on the first IO, nvme-rdma gets a callback to load the derived DEK. 

There is no special configuration to support crypto at nvme modules.

Thanks

Israel Rukshin (13):
  net/mlx5: Introduce crypto IFC bits and structures
  net/mlx5: Introduce crypto capabilities macro
  RDMA: Split kernel-only create QP flags from uverbs create QP flags
  RDMA/core: Add cryptographic device capabilities
  RDMA/core: Add DEK management API
  RDMA/core: Introduce MR type for crypto operations
  RDMA/core: Add support for creating crypto enabled QPs
  RDMA/mlx5: Add cryptographic device capabilities
  RDMA/mlx5: Add DEK management API
  RDMA/mlx5: Add AES-XTS crypto support
  nvme: Introduce a local variable
  nvme: Add crypto profile at nvme controller
  nvme-rdma: Add inline encryption support

 drivers/infiniband/core/device.c              |   3 +
 drivers/infiniband/core/mr_pool.c             |   2 +
 drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_std_types_qp.c |  12 +-
 drivers/infiniband/core/verbs.c               |  91 ++++++-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/bnxt_re/ib_verbs.c      |   2 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/mlx4_ib.h          |   4 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/qp.c               |   4 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/Makefile           |   1 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/crypto.c           | 115 +++++++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/crypto.h           |  46 ++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/main.c             |   5 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/mlx5_ib.h          |   5 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/mr.c               |  33 +++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/qp.c               |  15 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/wr.c               | 164 +++++++++++-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/vmw_pvrdma/pvrdma_qp.c  |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/fw.c  |   6 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/main.c    |   1 +
 drivers/nvme/host/core.c                      |  10 +-
 drivers/nvme/host/nvme.h                      |   4 +
 drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c                      | 236 +++++++++++++++++-
 include/linux/mlx5/device.h                   |   4 +
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc.h                 |  36 ++-
 include/rdma/crypto.h                         | 118 +++++++++
 include/rdma/ib_verbs.h                       |  46 +++-
 include/trace/events/rdma_core.h              |  33 +++
 26 files changed, 954 insertions(+), 44 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/crypto.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/crypto.h
 create mode 100644 include/rdma/crypto.h

-- 
2.39.0