Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] tls: implement key updates for TLS1.3

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:45:26 +0100

This adds support for receiving KeyUpdate messages (RFC 8446, 4.6.3
[1]). A sender transmits a KeyUpdate message and then changes its TX
key. The receiver should react by updating its RX key before
processing the next message.

This patchset implements key updates by:
 1. pausing decryption when a KeyUpdate message is received, to avoid
    attempting to use the old key to decrypt a record encrypted with
    the new key
 2. returning -EKEYEXPIRED to syscalls that cannot receive the
    KeyUpdate message, until the rekey has been performed by userspace
 3. passing the KeyUpdate message to userspace as a control message
 4. allowing updates of the crypto_info via the TLS_TX/TLS_RX
    setsockopts

This API has been tested with gnutls to make sure that it allows
userspace libraries to implement key updates [2]. Thanks to Frantisek
Krenzelok <[email-masked]> for providing the implementation in
gnutls and testing the kernel patches.

Note: in a future series, I'll clean up tls_set_sw_offload and
eliminate the per-cipher copy-paste using tls_cipher_size_desc.

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8446#section-4.6.3
[2] https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1625

Sabrina Dubroca (5):
  tls: remove tls_context argument from tls_set_sw_offload
  tls: block decryption when a rekey is pending
  tls: implement rekey for TLS1.3
  selftests: tls: add key_generation argument to tls_crypto_info_init
  selftests: tls: add rekey tests

 include/net/tls.h                 |   4 +
 net/tls/tls.h                     |   3 +-
 net/tls/tls_device.c              |   2 +-
 net/tls/tls_main.c                |  32 +++-
 net/tls/tls_sw.c                  | 169 +++++++++++++++----
 tools/testing/selftests/net/tls.c | 272 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 6 files changed, 434 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.1