Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net/sched: use the backlog for nested mirred ingress

From: Davide Caratti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 18:01:38 +0100

TC mirred has a protection against excessive stack growth, but that
protection doesn't really guarantee the absence of recursion, nor
it guards against loops. Patch 1/2 rewords "recursion" to "nesting" to
make this more clear.
We can leverage on this existing mechanism to prevent TCP / SCTP from doing
soft lock-up in some specific scenarios that uses mirred egress->ingress:
patch 2 changes mirred so that the networking backlog is used for nested
mirred ingress actions.

Davide Caratti (2):
  net/sched: act_mirred: better wording on protection against excessive
    stack growth
  act_mirred: use the backlog for nested calls to mirred ingress

 net/sched/act_mirred.c                        | 23 ++++++---
 .../selftests/net/forwarding/tc_actions.sh    | 49 ++++++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 63 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.1