Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/10] Convert drivers to return XFRM configuration errors through extack

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:00:13 +0200

Hi,

This series continues effort started by Sabrina to return XFRM configuration
errors through extack. It allows for user space software stack easily present
driver failure reasons to users.

As a note, Intel drivers have a path where extack is equal to NULL, and error
prints won't be available in current patchset. If it is needed, it can be 
changed by adding special to Intel macro to print to dmesg in case of
extack == NULL.

Thanks

Leon Romanovsky (10):
  xfrm: extend add policy callback to set failure reason
  net/mlx5e: Fill IPsec policy validation failure reason
  xfrm: extend add state callback to set failure reason
  net/mlx5e: Fill IPsec state validation failure reason
  netdevsim: Fill IPsec state validation failure reason
  nfp: fill IPsec state validation failure reason
  ixgbevf: fill IPsec state validation failure reason
  ixgbe: fill IPsec state validation failure reason
  bonding: fill IPsec state validation failure reason
  cxgb4: fill IPsec state validation failure reason

 Documentation/networking/xfrm_device.rst      |   4 +-
 drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c               |  10 +-
 .../net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4_main.c   |   8 +-
 .../inline_crypto/ch_ipsec/chcr_ipsec.c       |  34 +++---
 .../net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_ipsec.c    |  27 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ipsec.c    |  21 ++--
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/ipsec.c       | 103 ++++++++----------
 .../net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/crypto/ipsec.c |  41 +++----
 drivers/net/netdevsim/ipsec.c                 |  14 +--
 include/linux/netdevice.h                     |   4 +-
 net/xfrm/xfrm_device.c                        |   9 +-
 net/xfrm/xfrm_state.c                         |   2 +-
 12 files changed, 137 insertions(+), 140 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.1