Subject: [PATCH net 0/2] net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: minor SGMII fixes

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 00:34:05 +0000

This small series brings two minor fixes for the SGMII unit found in
MediaTek's router SoCs.

The first patch resets the PCS internal state machine on major
configuration changes, just like it is also done in MediaTek's SDK.

The second patch makes sure we only write values and restart AN if
actually needed, thus preventing unnesseray loss of an existing link
in some cases.

Both patches have previously been submitted as part of the series
"net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: various enhancements" which grew a bit
too big and it has correctly been criticized that some of the patches
should rather go as fixes to net-next.

This new series tries to address this.

Daniel Golle (2):
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: reset PCS state
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: only write values if needed

 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.h |  4 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_sgmii.c   | 28 ++++++++++++---------
 2 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 512dd354718b98c60d4ff6017ff8c9f66c10d03f
-- 
2.39.2