Subject: [PATCH net-next v14 0/9] net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: various enhancements

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 12:56:07 +0000

This series brings a variety of fixes and enhancements for mtk_eth_soc,
adds support for the MT7981 SoC and facilitates sharing the SGMII PCS
code between mtk_eth_soc and mt7530.

The whole series has been tested on MT7622+MT7531 (BPi-R64),
MT7623+MT7530 (BPi-R2), MT7981+GPY211 (GL.iNet GL-MT3000) and
MT7986+MT7531 (BPi-R3). On the BananaPi R3 a variete of SFP modules
have been tested, all of them (some SGMII with PHY, others 2500Base-X
or 1000Base-X without PHY) are working well now, however, some of them
need manually disabling of autonegotiation for the link to come up.

Changes since v13:
 * no longer pile Lorenzo's patches on top, they will be submitted
   separately
 * patches fixing existing code have been submitted already via 'net'
   tree, so they are no longer included in this series.

Changes since v12:
 * remove patches "fixing" ????Base-X modes. Turns out the cause are
   buggy SFP modules for which we will need to introduce quirks rather
   than trying to address this in the Ethernet driver.

Changes since v11:
 * remove patch "net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: fix RX data corruption issue"
   as it has already been merged via net tree
 * add commits fixing 1000Base-X and 2500Base-X modes after phylink_pcs
   conversion
 * completely remove mtk_sgmii.c as only about 20 lines were left in that
   file
 * Add commits from Lorenzo for MT7988 as requested by him

Changes since v10:
 * improve mediatek,mt7981-eth dt-bindings
 * use regmap_set_bits instead of regmap_update_bits where possible
 * completely remove mtk_sgmii.c
 * no need to keep struct mtk_sgmii either as it had only a single
   element

Changes since v9:
 * fix path in mediatek,sgmiisys dt-binding

Changes since v8:
 * move mediatek,sgmiisys dt-bindings to correct net/pcs folder
 * rebase on top of net-next/main so series applies cleanly again

Changes since v7:
 * move mediatek,sgmiisys.yaml to more appropriate folder
 * don't include <linux/phylink.h> twice in PCS driver, sort includes

Changes since v6:
 * label MAC MCR bit 12 in 08/12, MediaTek replied explaining its function

Changes since v5:
 * drop dev pointer also from struct mtk_sgmii, pass it as function
   parameter instead
 * address comments left for dt-bindings
 * minor improvements to commit messages

Changes since v4:
 * remove unused dev pointer in struct pcs_mtk_lynxi
 * squash link timer check into correct follow-up patch

Changes since v3:
 * remove unused #define's
 * use BMCR_* instead of #define'ing our own constants
 * return before changing registers in case of invalid link timer

Changes since v2:
 * improve dt-bindings, convert sgmisys bindings to dt-schema yaml
 * fix typo

Changes since v1:
 * apply reverse xmas tree everywhere
 * improve commit descriptions
 * add dt binding documentation
 * various small changes addressing all comments received for v1

Daniel Golle (9):
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: add support for MT7981 SoC
  dt-bindings: net: mediatek,net: add mt7981-eth binding
  dt-bindings: arm: mediatek: sgmiisys: Convert to DT schema
  dt-bindings: net: pcs: mediatek,sgmiisys: add MT7981 SoC
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: set MDIO bus clock frequency
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: ppe: add support for flow accounting
  net: pcs: add driver for MediaTek SGMII PCS
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: switch to external PCS driver
  net: dsa: mt7530: use external PCS driver

 .../arm/mediatek/mediatek,sgmiisys.txt        |  27 --
 .../devicetree/bindings/net/mediatek,net.yaml |  53 ++-
 .../bindings/net/pcs/mediatek,sgmiisys.yaml   |  55 ++++
 MAINTAINERS                                   |   8 +
 drivers/net/dsa/Kconfig                       |   1 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mt7530.c                      | 277 ++++------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mt7530.h                      |  47 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/Kconfig         |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/Makefile        |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_path.c  |  14 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.c   | 111 ++++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.h   | 118 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_ppe.c       | 114 ++++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_ppe.h       |  25 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_ppe_debugfs.c   |   9 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_ppe_offload.c   |   8 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_ppe_regs.h  |  14 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_sgmii.c     | 207 ------------
 drivers/net/pcs/Kconfig                       |   7 +
 drivers/net/pcs/Makefile                      |   1 +
 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-mtk-lynxi.c               | 305 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/pcs/pcs-mtk-lynxi.h             |  13 +
 22 files changed, 819 insertions(+), 599 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/mediatek/mediatek,sgmiisys.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/pcs/mediatek,sgmiisys.yaml
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_sgmii.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-mtk-lynxi.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/pcs/pcs-mtk-lynxi.h

base-commit: 105a201ebf3312990b96c4fbaade22e31402f8cc
-- 
2.39.2