Subject: [PATCH iproute2-next 0/2] ip: Support IP address protocol

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:12:04 +0200

IPv4 and IPv6 addresses can be assigned a protocol value that indicates the
provenance of the IP address. The attribute is modeled after ip route
protocols, and essentially allows the administrator or userspace stack to
tag addresses in some way that makes sense to the actor in question.
Support for this feature was merged with commit 47f0bd503210 ("net: Add new
protocol attribute to IP addresses"), for kernel 5.18.

In this patchset, add support for setting the protocol attribute at IP
address addition, replacement, and listing requests.

In patch #1, the code is added. The commit message at the patch lists an
example session including JSON output. In patch #2, add the corresponding
man page coverage.

Petr Machata (2):
  ip: Support IP address protocol
  man: man8: Add man page coverage for "ip address add ... proto"

 include/rt_names.h       |  2 ++
 ip/ip_common.h           |  2 ++
 ip/ipaddress.c           | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++--
 lib/rt_names.c           | 62 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 man/man8/ip-address.8.in | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 5 files changed, 145 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.0