Subject: [PATCH net-next v4 0/2] net: phy: add driver for MediaTek SoC built-in GE PHYs

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 16:09:54 +0200

Some of MediaTek's Filogic SoCs come with built-in gigabit Ethernet
PHYs which require calibration data from the SoC's efuse.
Despite the similar design the driver doesn't share any code with the
existing mediatek-ge.c, so add support for these PHYs by introducing a
new driver for only MediaTek's ARM64 SoCs.

As the PHYs integrated in the MT7988 SoC require reading the polarity
of the LEDs from the SoCs's boottrap also add dt-binding for that.

All LEDs are for now setup with default values, a follow up patch which
allows custom LED setups will be sent after the PHY LED framework is
more in shape.

Changes since v3:
 * fix spelling and reverse xmas tree
 * add dt-binding for mediatek,boottrap

Changes since v2:
 * remove everything related to PHY LEDs for now, LED support will
   be cleaned up and submitted once PHY LED framework is more ready

Changes since v1:
 * split-off SoC-specific driver from mediatek-ge.c as requested
 * address comments made by Heiner Kallweit
 * add pinctrl handling for PHY LED
 * remove calibration details not needed in production hardware

Daniel Golle (2):
  dt-bindings: arm: mediatek: add mediatek,boottrap binding
  net: phy: add driver for MediaTek SoC built-in GE PHYs

 .../arm/mediatek/mediatek,boottrap.yaml       |   37 +
 MAINTAINERS                                   |    9 +
 drivers/net/phy/Kconfig                       |   12 +
 drivers/net/phy/Makefile                      |    1 +
 drivers/net/phy/mediatek-ge-soc.c             | 1264 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/phy/mediatek-ge.c                 |    3 +-
 6 files changed, 1325 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/mediatek/mediatek,boottrap.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/phy/mediatek-ge-soc.c

base-commit: 285b2a46953cecea207c53f7c6a7a76c9bbab303
-- 
2.40.0