Subject: [PATCH v2 net-next 0/3] sfc: fix unaligned access in loopback selftests

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 19:38:03 +0100

From: Edward Cree <[email-masked]>

Arnd reported that the sfc drivers each define a packed loopback_payload
 structure with an ethernet header followed by an IP header, whereas the
 kernel definition of iphdr specifies that this is 4-byte aligned,
 causing a W=1 warning.
Fix this in each case by adding two bytes of leading padding to the
 struct, taking care that these are not sent on the wire.
Tested on EF10; build-tested on Siena and Falcon.

Changed in v2:
* added __aligned(4) to payload struct definitions (Arnd)
* fixed dodgy whitespace (checkpatch)

Edward Cree (3):
  sfc: use padding to fix alignment in loopback test
  sfc: siena: use padding to fix alignment in loopback test
  sfc: falcon: use padding to fix alignment in loopback test

 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/falcon/selftest.c | 47 +++++++++++++---------
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/selftest.c        | 47 +++++++++++++---------
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/siena/selftest.c  | 47 +++++++++++++---------
 3 files changed, 84 insertions(+), 57 deletions(-)