Subject: [PATCH net-next v4 0/9] net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: add basic support for MT7988 SoC

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:30:26 +0100

The MediaTek MT7988 SoC introduces a new version (3) of the NETSYS
block and comes with three instead of two MACs.

The first MAC can be internally connected to a built-in Gigabit
Ethernet switch with four 1000M/100M/10M twisted pair user ports.

The second MAC can be internally connected to a built-in 2500Base-T
Ethernet PHY.

There are two SerDes units which can be operated in USXGMII, 10GBase-(K)R,
5GBase-R, 2500Base-X, 1000Base-X or SGMII interface mode.

This series adds initial support for NETSYS v3 and the first MAC of the
MT7988 SoC connecting the built-in DSA switch.

The switch is supported since commit 110c18bfed414 ("net: dsa: mt7530:
introduce driver for MT7988 built-in switch").

Basic support for the 1000M/100M/10M built-in PHYs connected to the
switch ports is present since commit ("98c485eaf509b net: phy: add
driver for MediaTek SoC built-in GE PHYs").

Changes since v3:
  * Set 'mediatek,infracfg = false;' in dt-bindings for those chips
    which do not require infracfg phandle.

Changes since v2:
  * Use version number instead of feature bits for NETSYS version
  * Remove unneeded check for NULL when calling mtk_pcs_lynxi_destroy
  * Reduce dt-bindings to what is actually needed at this point for
    the driver to work.

Changes since v1:
  * Set MTK_MAX_DEVS to 3 instead of converting to dynamic number of
    Ethernet MACs.
  * use mtk_m32 when ever possible
  * more small improvements and minor comments addressed

Daniel Golle (3):
  dt-bindings: net: mediatek,net: add missing mediatek,mt7621-eth
  dt-bindings: net: mediatek,net: add mt7988-eth binding
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: convert clock bitmap to u64

Lorenzo Bianconi (6):
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: add version in mtk_soc_data
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: increase MAX_DEVS to 3
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: rely on MTK_MAX_DEVS and remove
    MTK_MAC_COUNT
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: add NETSYS_V3 version support
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: convert caps in mtk_soc_data struct to u64
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: add basic support for MT7988 SoC

 .../devicetree/bindings/net/mediatek,net.yaml | 109 ++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_path.c  |  36 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.c   | 398 ++++++++++++++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.h   | 327 +++++++++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_ppe.c       |  18 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_ppe_offload.c   |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_wed.c       |   4 +-
 7 files changed, 668 insertions(+), 226 deletions(-)

-- 
2.41.0