Subject: [PATCH v3 bpf 0/2] bpf: return proper error codes for lwt redirect

From: Yan Zhai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 21:12:12 -0700

lwt xmit hook does not expect positive return values in function
ip_finish_output2 and ip6_finish_output2. However, BPF redirect programs
can return positive values such like NET_XMIT_DROP, NET_RX_DROP, and etc
as errors. Such return values can panic the kernel unexpectedly:

https://gist.github.com/zhaiyan920/8fbac245b261fe316a7ef04c9b1eba48

This patch fixes the return values from BPF redirect, so the error
handling would be consistent at xmit hook. It also adds a few test cases
to prevent future regressions.

v2: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/ 
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/[email-masked]/

changes since v2:
  * subject name changed
  * also covered redirect to ingress case
  * added selftests

changes since v1:
  * minor code style changes

Yan Zhai (2):
  bpf: fix skb_do_redirect return values
  bpf: selftests: add lwt redirect regression test cases

 net/core/filter.c                             |  12 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/Makefile          |   1 +
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/test_lwt_redirect.c   |  67 +++++++
 .../selftests/bpf/test_lwt_redirect.sh        | 165 ++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 244 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/test_lwt_redirect.c
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_lwt_redirect.sh

-- 
2.30.2