Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/8] selftests: New selftests for out-of-order-operations patches in mlxsw

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 17:47:14 +0200

In the past, the mlxsw driver made the assumption that the user applies
configuration in a bottom-up manner. Thus netdevices needed to be added to
the bridge before IP addresses were configured on that bridge or SVI added
on top of it, because whatever happened before a netdevice was mlxsw upper
was generally ignored by mlxsw. Recently, several patch series were pushed
to introduce the bookkeeping and replays necessary to offload the full
state, not just the immediate configuration step.

In this patchset, introduce new selftests that directly exercise the out of
order code paths in mlxsw.

- Patch #1 adds new tests into the existing selftest router_bridge.sh.
- Patches #2-#5 add new generic selftests.
- Patches #6-#8 add new mlxsw-specific selftests.

Petr Machata (8):
  selftests: router_bridge: Add remastering tests
  selftests: router_bridge_1d: Add a new selftest
  selftests: router_bridge_vlan_upper: Add a new selftest
  selftests: router_bridge_lag: Add a new selftest
  selftests: router_bridge_1d_lag: Add a new selftest
  selftests: mlxsw: rif_lag: Add a new selftest
  selftests: mlxsw: rif_lag_vlan: Add a new selftest
  selftests: mlxsw: rif_bridge: Add a new selftest

 .../selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/rif_bridge.sh | 183 ++++++++
 .../selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/rif_lag.sh    | 136 ++++++
 .../drivers/net/mlxsw/rif_lag_vlan.sh         | 146 +++++++
 .../testing/selftests/net/forwarding/Makefile |   4 +
 .../selftests/net/forwarding/router_bridge.sh |  26 ++
 .../net/forwarding/router_bridge_1d.sh        | 185 ++++++++
 .../net/forwarding/router_bridge_1d_lag.sh    | 408 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../net/forwarding/router_bridge_lag.sh       | 323 ++++++++++++++
 .../forwarding/router_bridge_vlan_upper.sh    | 169 ++++++++
 9 files changed, 1580 insertions(+)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/rif_bridge.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/rif_lag.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/mlxsw/rif_lag_vlan.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/router_bridge_1d.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/router_bridge_1d_lag.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/router_bridge_lag.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/router_bridge_vlan_upper.sh

-- 
2.41.0