Subject: [PATCH iproute2-next 0/2] configure: add support for color

From: Andrea Claudi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:58:24 +0200

This series add support for the color parameter in iproute2 configure
script. The idea is to make it possible for iproute2 users and packagers
to set a default value for the color option different from the current
one, COLOR_OPT_NEVER, while maintaining the current default behaviour.

Patch 1 add the color option to the configure script. Users can set
three different values, never, auto and always, with the same meanings
they have for the -c / -color ip option. Default value is 'never', which
results in ip, tc and bridge to maintain their current output behaviour
(i.e. colorless output).

Patch 2 makes it possible for ip, tc and bridge to use the configured
value for color as their default color output.

Andrea Claudi (2):
  configure: add the --color option
  treewide: use configured value as the default color output

 Makefile        |  3 ++-
 bridge/bridge.c |  3 ++-
 configure       | 37 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 ip/ip.c         |  2 +-
 tc/tc.c         |  2 +-
 5 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.41.0