Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/14] net: tls: various code cleanups and improvements

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 22:50:40 +0200

This series contains multiple cleanups and simplifications for the
config code of both TLS_SW and TLS_HW.

It also modifies the chcr_ktls driver to use driver_state like all
other drivers, so that we can then make driver_state fixed size
instead of a flex array always allocated to that same fixed size. As
reported by Gustavo A. R. Silva, the way chcr_ktls misuses
driver_state irritates GCC [1].

Patches 1 and 2 are follow-ups to my previous cipher_desc series.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/ZRvzdlvlbX4+eIln@work/

Sabrina Dubroca (14):
  tls: get salt using crypto_info_salt in tls_enc_skb
  tls: drop unnecessary cipher_type checks in tls offload
  tls: store rec_seq directly within cipher_context
  tls: rename MAX_IV_SIZE to TLS_MAX_IV_SIZE
  tls: store iv directly within cipher_context
  tls: extract context alloc/initialization out of tls_set_sw_offload
  tls: move tls_prot_info initialization out of tls_set_sw_offload
  tls: also use init_prot_info in tls_set_device_offload
  tls: add a helper to allocate/initialize offload_ctx_tx
  tls: remove tls_context argument from tls_set_sw_offload
  tls: remove tls_context argument from tls_set_device_offload
  tls: validate crypto_info in a separate helper
  chcr_ktls: use tls_offload_context_tx and driver_state like other
    drivers
  tls: use fixed size for tls_offload_context_{tx,rx}.driver_state

 .../chelsio/inline_crypto/ch_ktls/chcr_ktls.c |  43 ++--
 .../chelsio/inline_crypto/ch_ktls/chcr_ktls.h |  36 +++-
 include/net/tls.h                             |  21 +-
 net/tls/tls.h                                 |  12 +-
 net/tls/tls_device.c                          | 101 ++++-----
 net/tls/tls_device_fallback.c                 |  23 +-
 net/tls/tls_main.c                            |  62 +++---
 net/tls/tls_sw.c                              | 198 +++++++++---------
 8 files changed, 244 insertions(+), 252 deletions(-)

-- 
2.42.0