Subject: [PATCH net 0/3] selftests: net: a few fixes

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 22:33:19 +0100

This series address self-tests failures for udp gro-related tests.

The first patch addresses the main problem I observe locally - the XDP
program required by such tests, xdp_dummy, is currently build in the
ebpf self-tests directory, not available if/when the user targets net
only. Arguably is more a refactor than a fix, but still targeting net
to hopefully 

The second patch fixes the integration of such tests with the build
system.

Patch 3/3 fixes sporadic failures due to races.

Tested with:

make -C tools/testing/selftests/ TARGETS=net install
./tools/testing/selftests/kselftest_install/run_kselftest.sh \
	-t "net:udpgro_bench.sh net:udpgro.sh net:udpgro_fwd.sh \
	    net:udpgro_frglist.sh net:veth.sh"

no failures.

Paolo Abeni (3):
  selftests: net: remove dependency on ebpf tests
  selftests: net: included needed helper in the install targets
  selftests: net: explicitly wait for listener ready

 tools/testing/selftests/net/Makefile          |  6 ++++--
 tools/testing/selftests/net/udpgro.sh         |  4 ++--
 tools/testing/selftests/net/udpgro_bench.sh   |  4 ++--
 tools/testing/selftests/net/udpgro_frglist.sh |  6 +++---
 tools/testing/selftests/net/udpgro_fwd.sh     |  8 +++++---
 tools/testing/selftests/net/veth.sh           |  4 ++--
 tools/testing/selftests/net/xdp_dummy.c       | 13 +++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/xdp_dummy.c

-- 
2.43.0