Subject: [PATCH net 0/3] mlxsw: Fixes

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 12:24:13 +0200

This patchset fixes the following issues:

- During driver de-initialization the driver unregisters the EMAD
  response trap by setting its action to DISCARD. However the manual
  only permits TRAP and FORWARD, and future firmware versions will
  enforce this.

  In patch #1, suppress the error message by aligning the driver to the
  manual and use a FORWARD (NOP) action when unregistering the trap.

- The driver queries the Management Capabilities Mask (MCAM) register
  during initialization to understand if certain features are supported.

  However, not all firmware versions support this register, leading to
  the driver failing to load.

  Patches #2 and #3 fix this issue by treating an error in the register
  query as an indication that the feature is not supported.

Ido Schimmel (3):
  mlxsw: core: Unregister EMAD trap using FORWARD action
  mlxsw: core_env: Fix driver initialization with old firmware
  mlxsw: pci: Fix driver initialization with old firmware

 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/core.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/core_env.c | 10 ++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/pci.c      | 10 ++++------
 3 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0