Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] Fix icmp error source address over xfrm tunnel

From: Antony Antony <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 19:58:09 +0200

Hi,
This fix, originally intended for XFRM/IPsec, has been recommended by
Steffen Klassert to submit to the net tree.

The patch addresses a minor issue related to the IPv4 source address of
ICMP error messages, which originated from an old 2011 commit:

415b3334a21a ("icmp: Fix regression in nexthop resolution during replies.")

The omission of a "Fixes" tag  in the following commit is deliberate
to prevent potential test failures and subsequent regression issues
that may arise from backporting this patch all stable kerenels.
This is a minor fix, anot not security fix.
With a seleftest I am submitting this to net-next tree.

v1->v2 : add kernel selftest script

Antony Antony (2):
  xfrm: fix source address in icmp error generation from IPsec gateway
  selftests: add ICMP unreachable over IPsec tunnel

 net/ipv4/icmp.c                           |   1 -
 tools/testing/selftests/net/Makefile      |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/net/xfrm_state.sh | 624 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 625 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/net/xfrm_state.sh

--
2.30.2