Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] mlxsw: Reduce memory footprint of mlxsw driver

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 15:47:33 +0200

Amit Cohen writes:

A previous patch-set used page pool to allocate buffers, to simplify the
change, we first used one continuous buffer, which was allocated with
order > 0. This set improves page pool usage to allocate the exact number
of pages which are required for packet.

This change requires using fragmented SKB, till now all the buffer was in
the linear part. Note that 'skb->truesize' is decreased for small packets.

This set significantly reduces memory consumption of mlxsw driver. The
footprint is reduced by 26%.

Patch set overview:
Patch #1 calculates number of scatter/gather entries and stores the value
Patch #2 converts the driver to use fragmented buffers

Amit Cohen (2):
  mlxsw: pci: Store number of scatter/gather entries for maximum packet
    size
  mlxsw: pci: Use fragmented buffers

 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/pci.c | 183 ++++++++++++++++++----
 1 file changed, 149 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

-- 
2.45.0