Subject: [PATCH net-next v1 0/7] net: stmmac: refactor FPE for gmac4 and xgmac

From: Furong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2024 16:21:18 +0800

Refactor FPE implementation by moving common code for DWMAC4 and
DWXGMAC into a separate FPE module.

FPE implementation for DWMAC4 and DWXGMAC differs only for:
1) Offset address of MAC_FPE_CTRL_STS
2) FPRQ(Frame Preemption Residue Queue) field in MAC_RxQ_Ctrl1

Tested on DWMAC CORE 5.20a and DWXGMAC CORE 3.20a

Furong Xu (7):
  net: stmmac: xgmac: drop incomplete FPE implementation
  net: stmmac: gmac4: drop FPE implementation for refactoring
  net: stmmac: refactor Frame Preemption(FPE) implementation
  net: stmmac: gmac4: complete FPE support
  net: stmmac: xgmac: rename XGMAC_RQ to XGMAC_FPRQ
  net: stmmac: xgmac: complete FPE support
  net: stmmac: xgmac: enable Frame Preemption Interrupt by default

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/Makefile  |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h  |   1 +
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_core.c |   6 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac5.c  |  66 ---------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac5.h  |  16 ---
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2.h    |   9 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_core.c   |  27 ----
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.c    |   7 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h    |  30 ++--
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.c  | 131 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.h  |  16 +++
 11 files changed, 177 insertions(+), 134 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.h

-- 
2.34.1