Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v1 0/8] selftests/bpf: Improve libc portability / musl support (part 2)

From: Tony Ambardar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 03:35:52 -0700

From: Tony Ambardar <[email-masked]>

Hello all,

This is part 2 of a series of fixes for libc-related issues encountered
building for musl-based systems. The series has been tested with the
kernel-patches/bpf CI and locally using mips64el-gcc/musl-libc and QEMU
with an OpenWrt rootfs.

The patches cover a few areas of portability issues:

 - improper libc usage (strtok_r(), reserved identifiers)
 - gcc compile errors (include header ordering, sequence-point errors)
 - POSIX vs GNU basename()
 - missing GNU extensions (<execinfo.h>, C++ <stdbool.h>)
 - Y2038 and setsockopt() / SO_TIMESTAMPNS_NEW

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Tony

Tony Ambardar (8):
  selftests/bpf: Use portable POSIX basename()
  selftests/bpf: Fix arg parsing in veristat, test_progs
  selftests/bpf: Fix error compiling test_lru_map.c
  selftests/bpf: Fix C++ compile error from missing _Bool type
  selftests/bpf: Fix order-of-include compile errors in lwt_reroute.c
  selftests/bpf: Fix compile if backtrace support missing in libc
  selftests/bpf: Fix using stdout, stderr as struct field names
  selftests/bpf: Fix error compiling tc_redirect.c with musl libc

 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/lwt_helpers.h    |  3 +-
 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/reg_bounds.c     |  2 +-
 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/tc_redirect.c    | 12 +--
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_cpp.cpp      |  4 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_lru_map.c    |  3 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_progs.c      | 75 ++++++++++---------
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_progs.h      |  8 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/testing_helpers.c |  2 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/veristat.c        | 12 +--
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/xskxceiver.c      |  1 +
 10 files changed, 68 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1