Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v2 0/8] selftests/bpf: Improve libc portability / musl support (part 2)

From: Tony Ambardar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2024 02:24:16 -0700

Hello all,

This is part 2 of a series of fixes for libc-related issues encountered
building for musl-based systems. The series has been tested with the
kernel-patches/bpf CI and locally using mips64el-gcc/musl-libc and QEMU
with an OpenWrt rootfs.

The patches cover a few areas of portability issues:

 - problematic libc usage (strtok_r(), stdio macros/reserved identifiers)
 - gcc compile errors (include header ordering, sequence-point errors)
 - POSIX vs GNU basename()
 - missing GNU extensions (<execinfo.h>, C++ <stdbool.h>)
 - Y2038 and setsockopt() / SO_TIMESTAMPNS_NEW

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Tony

Changelog:
----------

v1->v2: (feedback from Andrii)
 - P2: rewrite simpler code using counter
 - P5: update description/fix after more research
 - P6: use weak functions for backtrace stubs
 - P7: use stdxxx_saved names, update desc

Tony Ambardar (8):
  selftests/bpf: Use portable POSIX basename()
  selftests/bpf: Fix arg parsing in veristat, test_progs
  selftests/bpf: Fix error compiling test_lru_map.c
  selftests/bpf: Fix C++ compile error from missing _Bool type
  selftests/bpf: Fix redefinition errors compiling lwt_reroute.c
  selftests/bpf: Fix compile if backtrace support missing in libc
  selftests/bpf: Fix using stdout, stderr as struct field names
  selftests/bpf: Fix error compiling tc_redirect.c with musl libc

 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/lwt_reroute.c    |  1 +
 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/reg_bounds.c     |  2 +-
 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/tc_redirect.c    | 12 +--
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_cpp.cpp      |  4 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_lru_map.c    |  3 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_progs.c      | 82 +++++++++++--------
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_progs.h      |  8 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/testing_helpers.c |  4 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/veristat.c        | 16 ++--
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/xskxceiver.c      |  1 +
 10 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1