Subject: [PATCH net-next v7 0/7] net: stmmac: FPE via ethtool + tc

From: Furong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 17:21:15 +0800

Move the Frame Preemption(FPE) over to the new standard API which uses
ethtool-mm/tc-mqprio/tc-taprio.

Changes in v7:
  1. code style fixes and clean up warnings reported by
  patchwork netdev checks, no functional change intended

Changes in v6:
  1. new FPE verification process based on Vladimir Oltean's proposal
  2. embed ethtool_mm_state into stmmac_fpe_cfg
  3. convert some bit ops to u32_replace_bits
  4. register name and function name update to be more descriptive
  5. split up stmmac_tc_ops of dwmac4+ and dwxgmac, they have different
  implementations about mqprio
  6. some code style fixes

Changes in v5:
  1. fix typo in commit message
  2. drop FPE capability check in tc-mqprio/tc-taprio

Changes in v4:
  1. reorder FPE-related declarations and definitions into clean groups
  2. move mm_lock to stmmac_fpe_cfg.lock
  3. protect user configurations across NIC up/down
  4. block stmmac_set_mm() when fpe_task is in progress to finish
  5. convert to ethtool_dev_mm_supported() to check FPE capability in
  tc-mqprio/tc-taprio
  6. silence FPE workqueue start/stop logs

Changes in v3:
  1. avoid races among ISR, workqueue, link update and
  register configuration.
  2. update FPE verification retry logic, so it retries
  and fails as expected.

Changes in v2:
  1. refactor FPE verification process
  2. suspend/resume and kselftest-ethtool_mm, all test cases passed
  3. handle TC:TXQ remapping for DWMAC CORE4+

Furong Xu (7):
  net: stmmac: move stmmac_fpe_cfg to stmmac_priv data
  net: stmmac: drop stmmac_fpe_handshake
  net: stmmac: refactor FPE verification process
  net: stmmac: configure FPE via ethtool-mm
  net: stmmac: support fp parameter of tc-mqprio
  net: stmmac: support fp parameter of tc-taprio
  net: stmmac: silence FPE kernel logs

 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_core.c |  10 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac5.c  |  96 +++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac5.h  |  12 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_core.c   |   9 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.c    |   4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h    |  21 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h  |  30 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ethtool.c  |  91 ++++++
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c | 275 ++++++++----------
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_tc.c   | 130 ++++++---
 include/linux/stmmac.h                        |  28 --
 11 files changed, 467 insertions(+), 239 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1