Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] ipv4: Convert ip_route_input_slow() and its callers to dscp_t.

From: Guillaume Nault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 21:28:30 +0200

Prepare ip_route_input_slow() and its call chain to future conversion
of ->flowi4_tos.

The ->flowi4_tos field of "struct flowi4" is used in many different
places, which makes it hard to convert it from __u8 to dscp_t.

In order to avoid a big patch updating all its users at once, this
patch series gradually converts some users to dscp_t. Those users now
set ->flowi4_tos from a dscp_t variable that is converted to __u8 using
inet_dscp_to_dsfield().

When all users of ->flowi4_tos will use a dscp_t variable, converting
that field to dscp_t will just be a matter of removing all the
inet_dscp_to_dsfield() conversions.

This series concentrates on ip_route_input_slow() and its direct and
indirect callers.

Guillaume Nault (5):
  ipv4: Convert icmp_route_lookup() to dscp_t.
  ipv4: Convert ip_route_input() to dscp_t.
  ipv4: Convert ip_route_input_noref() to dscp_t.
  ipv4: Convert ip_route_input_rcu() to dscp_t.
  ipv4: Convert ip_route_input_slow() to dscp_t.

 drivers/net/ipvlan/ipvlan_l3s.c |  6 ++++--
 include/net/ip.h                |  5 +++++
 include/net/route.h             |  8 ++++----
 net/bridge/br_netfilter_hooks.c |  8 +++++---
 net/core/lwt_bpf.c              |  5 +++--
 net/ipv4/icmp.c                 | 19 +++++++++----------
 net/ipv4/ip_fragment.c          |  4 ++--
 net/ipv4/ip_input.c             |  2 +-
 net/ipv4/ip_options.c           |  3 ++-
 net/ipv4/route.c                | 32 ++++++++++++++++++--------------
 net/ipv4/xfrm4_input.c          |  2 +-
 net/ipv4/xfrm4_protocol.c       |  2 +-
 net/ipv6/ip6_tunnel.c           |  4 ++--
 13 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.2