Subject: [PATCH 0/5][next] net: Avoid thousands of -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end warnings

From: "Gustavo A. R. Silva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2024 18:25:37 -0600

This series aims to resolve thousands of -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end
warnings by introducing `struct sockaddr_legacy`. The intention is to use
it to replace the type of several struct members in the middle of composite
structures, currently of type `struct sockaddr`.

These middle struct members are currently causing thousands of warnings
because `struct sockaddr` contains a flexible-array member, introduced
by commit b5f0de6df6dce ("net: dev: Convert sa_data to flexible array in
struct sockaddR").

The new `struct sockaddr_legacy` doesn't include a flexible-array
member, making it suitable for use as the type of middle members
in composite structs that don't really require the flexible-array
member in `struct sockaddr`, thus avoiding -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end
warnings.

Gustavo A. R. Silva (5):
  net: dev: Introduce struct sockaddr_legacy
  nfsd: avoid -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end warnings
  uapi: wireless: Avoid -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end warnings
  uapi: net: arp: Avoid -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end warnings
  uapi: net: Avoid -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end warnings

 fs/nfsd/nfsctl.c              |  4 +--
 fs/nfsd/nfsd.h                |  4 +--
 include/linux/socket.h        | 19 +++++++++++++
 include/net/compat.h          | 30 ++++++++++-----------
 include/uapi/linux/if_arp.h   | 18 ++++++-------
 include/uapi/linux/route.h    | 28 ++++++++++----------
 include/uapi/linux/wireless.h | 50 +++++++++++++++++------------------
 net/appletalk/ddp.c           |  2 +-
 net/ipv4/af_inet.c            |  2 +-
 net/ipv4/arp.c                |  2 +-
 net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c       |  2 +-
 11 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1