Subject: [PATCH 0/2][next] UAPI: net/ethtool: Avoid thousands of -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end warnings

From: "Gustavo A. R. Silva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2024 13:01:17 -0600

Small patch series aimed at fixing thousands of -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end
warnings by creating a new tagged struct within a flexible structure. We then
use this new struct type to fix problematic middle-flex-array declarations in
multiple composite structs, as well as to update the type of some variables in
various functions.

Gustavo A. R. Silva (2):
  UAPI: ethtool: Use __struct_group() in struct ethtool_link_settings
  net: ethtool: Avoid thousands of -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end
    warnings

 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ethtool.c |  6 ++--
 .../ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4_ethtool.c    |  4 +--
 .../ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4vf/cxgb4vf_main.c   |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/cisco/enic/enic_ethtool.c    |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/qlogic/qede/qede_ethtool.c   |  4 +--
 include/linux/ethtool.h                       |  2 +-
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h                  | 33 ++++++++++---------
 net/ethtool/ioctl.c                           |  2 +-
 net/ethtool/linkinfo.c                        |  8 ++---
 net/ethtool/linkmodes.c                       | 14 ++++----
 10 files changed, 40 insertions(+), 37 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1