Subject: [PATCH net-next v4 0/6] net: stmmac: Refactor FPE as a separate module

From: Furong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2024 16:31:15 +0800

Refactor FPE implementation by moving common code for DWMAC4 and
DWXGMAC into a separate FPE module.

FPE implementation for DWMAC4 and DWXGMAC differs only for:
1) Offset address of MAC_FPE_CTRL_STS and MTL_FPE_CTRL_STS
2) FPRQ(Frame Preemption Residue Queue) field in MAC_RxQ_Ctrl1
3) Bit offset of Frame Preemption Interrupt Enable

Tested on DWMAC CORE 5.20a and DWXGMAC CORE 3.20a

Changes in v4:
  1. Update FPE IRQ handling
  2. Check fpesel bit and stmmac_fpe_reg pointer to guarantee that driver
  does not crash on a certain platform that FPE is to be implemented

Changes in v3:
  1. Drop stmmac_fpe_ops and refactor FPE functions to generic version to
  avoid function pointers
  2. Drop the _SHIFT macro definitions

Changes in v2:
  1. Split patches to easily review
  2. Use struct as function param to keep param list short
  3. Typo fixes in commit message and title

Furong Xu (6):
  net: stmmac: Introduce separate files for FPE implementation
  net: stmmac: Rework macro definitions for gmac4 and xgmac
  net: stmmac: Refactor FPE functions to generic version
  net: stmmac: xgmac: Rename XGMAC_RQ to XGMAC_FPRQ
  net: stmmac: xgmac: Complete FPE support
  net: stmmac: xgmac: Enable FPE for tc-mqprio/tc-taprio

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/Makefile  |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4.h  |   1 -
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_core.c |  11 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac5.c  | 150 -------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac5.h  |  26 --
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2.h    |   6 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_core.c   |  31 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.c    |   7 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h    |  20 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h  |  11 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ethtool.c  |   6 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.c  | 412 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.h  |  44 ++
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c | 157 +------
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_tc.c   |   4 +-
 15 files changed, 481 insertions(+), 407 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.h

-- 
2.34.1