Subject: [PATCH ipsec-next v2 0/4] xfrm: Convert __xfrm4_dst_lookup() and its callers to dscp_t.

From: Guillaume Nault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2024 16:52:27 +0100

This patch series continues to prepare users of ->flowi4_tos to a
future conversion of this field (__u8 to dscp_t). This time, we convert
__xfrm4_dst_lookup() and its call chain.

The objective is to eventually make all users of ->flowi4_tos use a
dscp_t value. Making ->flowi4_tos a dscp_t field will help avoiding
regressions where ECN bits are erroneously interpreted as DSCP bits.

Changes since v1:
  * Rebase on top of ipsec-next. Now we don't convert the ->dst_lookup()
    callback handlers since they they don't have any "tos" parameter
    anymore. Therefore, the original patches 4, 5 and 6 are dropped and
    replaced with the new patch 4, which just converts the "tos" field
    in struct xfrm_dst_lookup_params.

Guillaume Nault (4):
  xfrm: Convert xfrm_get_tos() to dscp_t.
  xfrm: Convert xfrm_bundle_create() to dscp_t.
  xfrm: Convert xfrm_dst_lookup() to dscp_t.
  xfrm: Convert struct xfrm_dst_lookup_params -> tos to dscp_t.

 include/net/xfrm.h      |  3 ++-
 net/ipv4/xfrm4_policy.c |  3 ++-
 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c  | 16 ++++++++--------
 3 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.2