Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/8] macsec: inherit lower device's features and TSO limits when offloading

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2024 00:13:26 +0100

When macsec is offloaded to a NIC, we can take advantage of some of
its features, mainly TSO and checksumming. This increases performance
significantly. Some features cannot be inherited, because they require
additional ops that aren't provided by the macsec netdevice.

We also need to inherit TSO limits from the lower device, like
VLAN/macvlan devices do.

This series also moves the existing macsec offload selftest to the
netdevsim selftests before adding tests for the new features. To allow
this new selftest to work, netdevsim's hw_features are expanded.

Sabrina Dubroca (8):
  netdevsim: add more hw_features
  selftests: netdevsim: add a test checking ethtool features
  macsec: add some of the lower device's features when offloading
  macsec: clean up local variables in macsec_notify
  macsec: inherit lower device's TSO limits when offloading
  selftests: move macsec offload tests from net/rtnetlink to
    drivers/net/netdvesim
  selftests: netdevsim: add test toggling macsec offload
  selftests: netdevsim: add ethtool features to macsec offload tests

 drivers/net/macsec.c                          |  64 +++++++---
 drivers/net/netdevsim/netdev.c                |   6 +-
 .../selftests/drivers/net/netdevsim/Makefile  |   2 +
 .../selftests/drivers/net/netdevsim/config    |   1 +
 .../drivers/net/netdevsim/ethtool-features.sh |  31 +++++
 .../drivers/net/netdevsim/macsec-offload.sh   | 117 ++++++++++++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/net/rtnetlink.sh      |  68 ----------
 7 files changed, 200 insertions(+), 89 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/netdevsim/ethtool-features.sh
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/netdevsim/macsec-offload.sh

-- 
2.47.0