Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] net: make RSS+RXNFC semantics more explicit

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 12:13:08 +0000

From: Edward Cree <[email-masked]>

The original semantics of ntuple filters with FLOW_RSS were not
 fully understood by all drivers, some ignoring the ring_cookie from
 the flow rule.  Require this support to be explicitly declared by
 the driver for filters relying on it to be inserted, and add self-
 test coverage for this functionality.
Also teach ethtool_check_max_channel() about this.

Edward Cree (5):
  net: ethtool: only allow set_rxnfc with rss + ring_cookie if driver
    opts in
  net: ethtool: account for RSS+RXNFC add semantics when checking
    channel count
  selftest: include dst-ip in ethtool ntuple rules
  selftest: validate RSS+ntuple filters with nonzero ring_cookie
  selftest: extend test_rss_context_queue_reconfigure for action
    addition

 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/ef100_ethtool.c      |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/ethtool.c            |  1 +
 include/linux/ethtool.h                       |  4 +
 net/ethtool/common.c                          | 42 +++++++---
 net/ethtool/ioctl.c                           |  5 ++
 .../selftests/drivers/net/hw/rss_ctx.py       | 79 +++++++++++++++++--
 6 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)