Subject: [PATCH 0/2] arm64: zynqmp: Move firmware constants from binding to platform

From: Michal Simek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2025 17:39:09 +0100

Hi,

Based on discussion done long time ago
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
it is better to deprecate firmware contants which are not used in any code
and it's only purpose is to use macros in dt files.

There is no reason to be the part of dt bindings but it should be kept
there with adding deprecated warning.

I want to see if this is the right way to go. If yes, I will also do the
same changes in other headers which contain only constans which are not
used in any code.

Thanks,
Michal

Michal Simek (2):
  arm64: zynqmp: Use DT header for firmware constants
  dt-bindings: xilinx: Deprecate header with firmware constants

 .../bindings/ata/ceva,ahci-1v84.yaml          |   4 +-
 .../dma/xilinx/xlnx,zynqmp-dma-1.0.yaml       |   3 +-
 .../bindings/iio/adc/xlnx,zynqmp-ams.yaml     |   3 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/net/cdns,macb.yaml    |   7 +-
 .../bindings/spi/spi-zynqmp-qspi.yaml         |   3 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/usb/dwc3-xilinx.yaml  |   3 +-
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/xilinx/xlnx-zynqmp-clk.h  | 126 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../arm64/boot/dts/xilinx/zynqmp-clk-ccf.dtsi |   2 +-
 include/dt-bindings/clock/xlnx-zynqmp-clk.h   |   7 +
 9 files changed, 142 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/xilinx/xlnx-zynqmp-clk.h

-- 
2.43.0