Subject: [PATCH v2 net 0/2] net: remove the single page frag cache for good

From: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 19:29:38 +0100

This is another attempt at reverting commit dbae2b062824 ("net: skb:
introduce and use a single page frag cache"), as it causes regressions
in specific use-cases.

Reverting such commit uncovers an allocation issue for build with 
CONFIG_MAX_SKB_FRAGS=45, as reported by Sabrina.

This series handle the latter in patch 1 and brings the revert in patch
2.

Note that there is a little chicken-egg problem, as I included into the
patch 1's changelog the splat that would be visible only applying first
the revert: I think current patch order is better for bisectability,
still the splat is useful for correct attribution.

Paolo Abeni (2):
  net: allow small head cache usage with large MAX_SKB_FRAGS values
  Revert "net: skb: introduce and use a single page frag cache"

 include/linux/netdevice.h |   1 -
 include/net/gro.h         |   3 ++
 net/core/dev.c            |  17 ++++++
 net/core/gro.c            |   3 --
 net/core/skbuff.c         | 110 ++++----------------------------------
 5 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 104 deletions(-)

-- 
2.48.1