Subject: [PATCH 0/4] selftest: can: Start importing selftests from can-tests

From: Felix Maurer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2025 14:02:33 +0200

This is the initial import of a CAN selftest from can-tests[1] into the
tree. For now, it is just a single test but when agreed on the
structure, we intend to import more tests from can-tests and add
additional test cases.

The goal of moving the CAN selftests into the tree is to align the tests
more closely with the kernel, improve testing of CAN in general, and to
simplify running the tests automatically in the various kernel CI
systems.

I have cc'ed netdev and its reviewers and maintainers to make sure they
are okay with the location of the tests and the changes to the paths in
MAINTAINERS. The changes should be merged through linux-can-next and
subsequent changes will not go to netdev anymore.

[1]: https://github.com/linux-can/can-tests

Felix Maurer (4):
  selftests: can: Import tst-filter from can-tests
  selftests: can: use kselftest harness in test_raw_filter
  selftests: can: Use fixtures in test_raw_filter
  selftests: can: Document test_raw_filter test cases

 MAINTAINERS                                   |   2 +
 tools/testing/selftests/Makefile              |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/net/can/.gitignore    |   2 +
 tools/testing/selftests/net/can/Makefile      |  11 +
 .../selftests/net/can/test_raw_filter.c       | 338 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../selftests/net/can/test_raw_filter.sh      |  37 ++
 6 files changed, 391 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/can/.gitignore
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/can/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/can/test_raw_filter.c
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/net/can/test_raw_filter.sh

-- 
2.49.0