Subject: [PATCH net-next v6 00/12] net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: Add support for MaxLinear GSW1xx switch family

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2025 19:19:10 +0000

This patch series extends the existing lantiq_gswip DSA driver to support
the MaxLinear GSW1xx family of dedicated Ethernet switch ICs. These switches
are based on the same IP as the Lantiq/Intel GSWIP found in VR9 and xRX
MIPS router SoCs, but are connected via MDIO instead of memory-mapped I/O.

The series includes several improvements and refactoring to prepare for the
new hardware support.

The GSW1xx family includes several variants:
 - GSW120: 4 ports, 2 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII/2500Base-X
 - GSW125: 4 ports, 2 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII/2500Base-X, industrial temperature
 - GSW140: 6 ports, 4 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII/2500Base-X
 - GSW141: 6 ports, 4 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII
 - GSW145: 6 ports, 4 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII/2500Base-X, industrial temperature

Key features implemented:
 - MDIO-based register access using regmap
 - Support for SGMII/1000Base-X/2500Base-X SerDes interfaces
 - Configurable RGMII delays via device tree properties
 - Configurable RMII clock direction
 - Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support
 - enabling/disabling learning

Daniel Golle (12):
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: split into common and MMIO parts
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: support enable/disable learning
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: support Energy Efficient Ethernet
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: set link parameters also for CPU port
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: define and use
    GSWIP_TABLE_MAC_BRIDGE_VAL1_VALID
  dt-bindings: net: dsa: lantiq,gswip: add MaxLinear RMII refclk output
    property
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: add vendor property to setup MII refclk output
  dt-bindings: net: dsa: lantiq,gswip: add support for MII delay
    properties
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: allow adjusting MII delays
  dt-bindings: net: dsa: lantiq,gswip: add support for MaxLinear GSW1xx
    switches
  net: dsa: add tagging driver for MaxLinear GSW1xx switch family
  net: dsa: add driver for MaxLinear GSW1xx switch family

 .../bindings/net/dsa/lantiq,gswip.yaml        |  167 +-
 MAINTAINERS                                   |    3 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/Kconfig                |   18 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/Makefile               |    2 +
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/lantiq_gswip.c         | 1617 +--------------
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/lantiq_gswip.h         |   20 +
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/lantiq_gswip_common.c  | 1737 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx.c           |  733 +++++++
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx.h           |  126 ++
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx_pce.h       |  154 ++
 include/net/dsa.h                             |    2 +
 include/uapi/linux/if_ether.h                 |    1 +
 net/dsa/Kconfig                               |    8 +
 net/dsa/Makefile                              |    1 +
 net/dsa/tag_mxl-gsw1xx.c                      |  116 ++
 15 files changed, 3104 insertions(+), 1601 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/lantiq_gswip_common.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx_pce.h
 create mode 100644 net/dsa/tag_mxl-gsw1xx.c

-- 
2.51.2