Subject: [PATCH net-next v7 00/12] net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: Add support for MaxLinear GSW1xx switch family

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2025 12:16:57 +0000

This patch series extends the existing lantiq_gswip DSA driver to
support the MaxLinear GSW1xx family of dedicated Ethernet switch ICs.
These switches are based on the same IP as the Lantiq/Intel GSWIP found
in VR9 and xRX MIPS router SoCs which are currently supported by the
lantiq_gswip driver, but they are dedicated ICs connected via MDIO
rather than built-in components of a SoC accessible via memory-mapped
I/O.

The series includes several improvements and refactoring to implement
support for GSW1xx switch ICs by reusing the existing lantiq_gswip
driver.

The GSW1xx family includes several variants:
 - GSW120: 4 ports, 2 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII/2500Base-X
 - GSW125: 4 ports, 2 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII/2500Base-X, industrial temperature
 - GSW140: 6 ports, 4 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII/2500Base-X
 - GSW141: 6 ports, 4 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII
 - GSW145: 6 ports, 4 PHYs, RGMII & SGMII/2500Base-X, industrial temperature

Key features implemented:
 - MDIO-based register access using regmap
 - Support for SGMII/1000Base-X/2500Base-X SerDes interfaces
 - Configurable RGMII delays via device tree properties
 - Configurable RMII clock direction
 - Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support
 - enabling/disabling learning
---
Series history:
 v7:
  * improve cover letter
  * complete documentation of series history, add lore links
  * dt-bindings: put patternProperties: after properties: to follow
    standardized order
  * dt-bindings: drop the addition of 'reg-names' to the list of
    required properties and also don't add it to the existing example

 v6: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
  * keep properties on top level and use allOf for
    conditional constraints
  * switch order of patches, move deviation from
    dsa.yaml#/$defs/ethernet-ports to this patch which actually
    needs it

 v5: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
  * dt-bindings: drop maxlinear,rx-inverted from example

 v4: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
  * break out PCS reset into dedicated function
  * drop hacky support for reverse-SGMII
  * remove again the custom properties for TX and RX inverted SerDes
    PCS in favor of waiting for generic properties to land
  * use __be16 to access tag fields
  * define ETH_P_MXLGSW in if_ether.h
  * drop *_SHIFT macros, get rid of _MASK suffix, use FIELD helpers
  * print tag using %8ph
  * drop maxlinear,rx-inverted and maxlinear,tx-inverted properties for
    now in favor of upcoming generic properties
  * rework to use legacy codepath as fallback for RGMII delays
  * set GSWIP_MII_CFG_RMII_CLK bit in RMII case inside the switch
    statement instead of a (wrong) if-clause just below
  * keep previous behavior regarding GSWIP_TABLE_MAC_BRIDGE_VAL1_VALID
    for GSWIP 2.1 and earlier, this has been clarified by MaxLinear
    engineers
  * remove misleading default delays

 v3: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
  * avoid disrupting link when calling .pcs_config()
  * sort functions and phylink_pcs_ops instance in same order as
    struct definition
  * always set bootstrap override bits and add explanatory comment
  * move definitions to separate header file
  * add custom properties for TX and RX inverted data on the SerDes
    interface
  * dt-bindings: redefine ports node so properties which are defined
    actually apply
  * dt-bindings: describe RGMII port with 2ps delay as 'rgmii-id' in
    example

 v2: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
  * removed left-overs of 4k VLAN support
  * fix use of uninitialized variable
  * remove git conflict left-overs which has somehow creeped into
    dt-bindings
  * indent dt-bindings example with 4 spaces instead of tabs

 v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
  * preparations have been merged in several separate series:

    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git/commit/?id=f0a24b2547cfdd5ec85a131e386a2ce4ff9179cb

    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git/commit/?id=88224095b4e512b027289183f432c0e84925d648

    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git/commit/?id=764a47a639c73e8d941cbbb10696a0eb98d10d7b

    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git/commit/?id=1d8f0059091e757973324ae76253c2c059e0810f

    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git/commit/?id=6e8e6baf16ce7d2310959ae81d0194a56874e0d2

  * comments received for the tag_max-gsw.c driver have been addressed

 RFC: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Daniel Golle (12):
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: split into common and MMIO parts
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: support enable/disable learning
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: support Energy Efficient Ethernet
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: set link parameters also for CPU port
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: define and use
    GSWIP_TABLE_MAC_BRIDGE_VAL1_VALID
  dt-bindings: net: dsa: lantiq,gswip: add MaxLinear RMII refclk output
    property
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: add vendor property to setup MII refclk output
  dt-bindings: net: dsa: lantiq,gswip: add support for MII delay
    properties
  net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: allow adjusting MII delays
  dt-bindings: net: dsa: lantiq,gswip: add support for MaxLinear GSW1xx
    switches
  net: dsa: add tagging driver for MaxLinear GSW1xx switch family
  net: dsa: add driver for MaxLinear GSW1xx switch family

 .../bindings/net/dsa/lantiq,gswip.yaml        |  164 +-
 MAINTAINERS                                   |    3 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/Kconfig                |   18 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/Makefile               |    2 +
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/lantiq_gswip.c         | 1617 +--------------
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/lantiq_gswip.h         |   20 +
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/lantiq_gswip_common.c  | 1737 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx.c           |  733 +++++++
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx.h           |  126 ++
 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx_pce.h       |  154 ++
 include/net/dsa.h                             |    2 +
 include/uapi/linux/if_ether.h                 |    1 +
 net/dsa/Kconfig                               |    8 +
 net/dsa/Makefile                              |    1 +
 net/dsa/tag_mxl-gsw1xx.c                      |  116 ++
 15 files changed, 3101 insertions(+), 1601 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/lantiq_gswip_common.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/lantiq/mxl-gsw1xx_pce.h
 create mode 100644 net/dsa/tag_mxl-gsw1xx.c

-- 
2.51.2