Subject: [PATCH v4 0/2] doc/netlink: Expand nftables specification

From: "Remy D. Farley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2025 18:15:32 +0000

Getting out some changes I've accumulated while making nftables work
with Rust netlink-bindings. Hopefully, this will be useful upstream.

v4:
- Move changes to netlink-raw.yaml into a separate commit.

v3: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
- Fill out missing attributes in each operation (removing todo comments from v1).
- Add missing annotations: dump ops, byte-order, checks.
- Add max check to netlink-raw specification (suggested by Donald Hunter).
- Revert changes to ynl_gen_rst.py.

v2: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
- Handle empty request/reply attributes in ynl_gen_rst.py script.

v1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
- Add missing byte order annotations.
- Fill out attributes in some operations.
- Replace non-existent "name" attribute with todo comment.
- Add some missing sub-messages (and associated attributes).
- Add (copy over) documentation for some attributes / enum entries.
- Add "getcompat" operation.

Remy D. Farley (2):
  doc/netlink: Add max check to netlink-raw specification
  doc/netlink: Expand nftables specification

 Documentation/netlink/netlink-raw.yaml    |  11 +-
 Documentation/netlink/specs/nftables.yaml | 658 ++++++++++++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 619 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

-- 
2.50.1