Subject: [PATCH RFC net-next 0/3] net: dsa: initial support for MaxLinear MxL862xx switches

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2025 23:37:13 +0000

Hi,

This series adds very basic DSA support for the MaxLinear MxL86252
(5 PHY ports) and MxL86282 (8 PHY ports) switches. The intent is to
validate and get feedback on the overall approach and driver structure,
especially the firmware-mediated host interface.

MxL862xx integrates a firmware running on an embedded processor (Zephyr
RTOS). Host interaction uses a simple API transported over MDIO/MMD.
This series includes only what's needed to pass traffic between user
ports and the CPU port: relayed MDIO to internal PHYs, basic port
enable/disable, and CPU-port special tagging.

Thanks for taking a look.

Daniel Golle (3):
  dt-bindings: net: dsa: add bindings for MaxLinear MxL862xx
  net: dsa: add tag formats for MxL862xx switches
  net: dsa: add basic initial driver for MxL862xx switches

 .../bindings/net/dsa/maxlinear,mxl862xx.yaml  | 160 ++++++++
 MAINTAINERS                                   |   8 +
 drivers/net/dsa/Kconfig                       |   2 +
 drivers/net/dsa/Makefile                      |   1 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/Kconfig              |  12 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/Makefile             |   3 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-api.h       | 104 +++++
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-cmd.h       |  28 ++
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-host.c      | 204 ++++++++++
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-host.h      |   3 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx.c           | 360 ++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx.h           |  27 ++
 include/net/dsa.h                             |   2 +
 net/dsa/Kconfig                               |   7 +
 net/dsa/Makefile                              |   1 +
 net/dsa/tag_mxl862xx.c                        | 109 ++++++
 16 files changed, 1031 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/dsa/maxlinear,mxl862xx.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-api.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-cmd.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-host.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-host.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx.h
 create mode 100644 net/dsa/tag_mxl862xx.c

-- 
2.52.0