Subject: [PATCH net v2 0/2] net: netdevsim: fix inconsistent carrier state after link/unlink

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2025 01:03:28 +0900

From: Yohei Kojima <[email-masked]>

This series fixes netdevsim's inconsistent behavior between carrier
and link/unlink state.

More specifically, this fixes a bug that the carrier goes DOWN although
two netdevsim were peered, depending on the order of peering and ifup.
Especially in a NetworkManager-enabled environment, netdevsim test fails
because of this.

The first patch fixes the bug itself in netdevsim/bus.c by adding
netif_carrier_on() into a proper function. The second patch adds a
regression test for this bug.

Changelog
=========
v1 -> v2
- Rebase to the latest net/main
- Separate TFO tests from this series
- Separate netdevsim test improvement from this series
- v1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

Yohei Kojima (2):
  net: netdevsim: fix inconsistent carrier state after link/unlink
  selftests: netdevsim: add carrier state consistency test

 drivers/net/netdevsim/bus.c                   |  6 ++
 .../selftests/drivers/net/netdevsim/peer.sh   | 63 +++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 69 insertions(+)

-- 
2.51.2