Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] selftests: net: improve error handling in passive TFO test

From: Yohei Kojima <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2026 23:11:53 +0900

This series improves error handling in the passive TFO test by (1)
fixing a broken behavior when the child processes failed (or timed out),
and (2) adding more error handlng code in the test program.

The first patch fixes the behavior that the test didn't report failure
even if the server or the client process exited with non-zero status.
The second patch adds error handling code in the test program to improve
reliability of the test.

This series was split out from the following series to address the
feedback from Andrew Lunn:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

 ChangeLog
 ========= 
v2 (this version):
 - Fix a typo in the patch description
 - Rephrase the patch description in imperative mood
 - Add error handling for fprintf() reflecting Markus Elfring's feedback
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

Yohei Kojima (2):
  selftests: net: fix passive TFO test to fail if child processes failed
  selftests: net: improve error handling in passive TFO test

 tools/testing/selftests/net/tfo.c          | 13 +++++++++----
 tools/testing/selftests/net/tfo_passive.sh | 13 ++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.52.0