Subject: [RFC io_uring review-only 0/4] zcrx mapping cleanups and device-less instances

From: Pavel Begunkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2026 10:58:51 +0000

First two patches move user memory DMA map creation to an earlier point,
which makes it more uniform among different memory types and easier to
manage. Patches 3 and 4 introduce device-less zcrx instances
for testing purposes, which always copy data via the fallback path.

note, based on two other recently sent patches splitting out a uapi
file and defining constants in zcrx.h

Pavel Begunkov (4):
  io_uring/zcrx: fully clean area on error in io_import_umem()
  io_uring/zcrx: always dma map in advance
  io_uring/zcrx: extract netdev+area init into a helper
  io_uring/zcrx: implement device-less mode for zcrx

 include/uapi/linux/io_uring/zcrx.h |   9 +-
 io_uring/zcrx.c                    | 145 ++++++++++++++++-------------
 io_uring/zcrx.h                    |   2 +-
 3 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 66 deletions(-)

-- 
2.52.0