Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] bnxt_en: add XDP RSS hash metadata support

From: Chris J Arges <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2026 11:40:16 -0600

This series adds XDP RSS hash metadata extraction support for the bnxt_en
driver and includes selftests to validate the functionality. I was able
to test this on a BCM57414 NIC.

The driver changes introduce a bnxt_xdp_buff wrapper that carries
hardware RX completion descriptors alongside the xdp_buff, then use it
to implement bpf_xdp_metadata_rx_hash().

The selftest changes refactor common XDP/BPF helpers into a shared
library and add a new xdp_metadata test that verifies RSS hash
extraction for TCP and UDP traffic via device-bound XDP programs.

Chris J Arges (4):
  bnxt_en: use bnxt_xdp_buff for xdp context
  bnxt_en: Implement XDP RSS hash metadata extraction
  selftests: net: move common xdp.py functions into lib
  selftests: drv-net: xdp: Add rss_hash metadata tests

 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.c     |  30 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.h     |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_xdp.c |  47 +++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_xdp.h |  10 ++
 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/Makefile  |   1 +
 .../selftests/drivers/net/lib/py/__init__.py  |   2 +
 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/xdp.py    |  95 +++-------
 .../selftests/drivers/net/xdp_metadata.py     | 144 ++++++++++++++++
 .../testing/selftests/net/lib/py/__init__.py  |   2 +
 tools/testing/selftests/net/lib/py/bpf.py     |  68 ++++++++
 .../selftests/net/lib/xdp_metadata.bpf.c      | 163 ++++++++++++++++++
 11 files changed, 482 insertions(+), 82 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/xdp_metadata.py
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/lib/py/bpf.py
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/lib/xdp_metadata.bpf.c

base-commit: 7dff99b354601dd01829e1511711846e04340a69
-- 
2.43.0