Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: dsa: mxl862xx: add support for bridge offloading

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2026 03:29:15 +0000

As a next step to complete the mxl862xx DSA driver, add support for
offloading forwarding between bridged ports to the switch hardware.

This works pretty much without any big surprises, apart from two
subtleties:
 * per-port control over flooding behavior has to be implemented by
   (ab)using a 0-rate QoS meters as stopper in lack of any better
   option.
 * STP state transition unconditionally enables learning on a port
   even if it was previously explicitely disabled (a firmware bug)

Note that as the driver is still lacking all VLAN features (which
are going to be added next), at this point some of the
bridge_vlan_aware.sh tests are failing after applying this series.

This is expected and cannot be avoided without implementing
port_vlan_filtering + port_vlan_add/del. And adding both bridge and
VLAN offloading at the same time would be too much for anyone to
review.

All other relevant selftests (including bridge_vlan_unaware.sh) are
still passing.

Daniel Golle (2):
  dsa: tag_mxl862xx: set dsa_default_offload_fwd_mark()
  net: dsa: mxl862xx: implement bridge offloading

 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-api.h | 171 +++++++
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-cmd.h |  19 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx.c     | 576 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx.h     |  21 +
 net/dsa/tag_mxl862xx.c                  |   2 +
 5 files changed, 757 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)

-- 
2.53.0