Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] net: dsa: mxl862xx: MDIO bus integrity and optimization

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2026 13:27:12 +0000

The MxL862xx firmware offers opt-in CRC validation on the MDIO/MMD
command interface to guard against bit errors on the bus.
The driver has not used this until now.

This series enables CRC protection on both the command registers (CRC-6)
and data payloads (CRC-16), and reduces MDIO bus traffic by bulk-zeroing
registers instead of writing zero-valued words individually.

Changes since initial submittions:
 * trigger worker which takes down all ports in case of a CRC error

Daniel Golle (2):
  net: dsa: mxl862xx: add CRC for MDIO communication
  net: dsa: mxl862xx: use RST_DATA to skip writing zero words

 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/Kconfig         |   1 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-host.c | 377 +++++++++++++++++++----
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx-host.h |   2 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx.c      |  11 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mxl862xx/mxl862xx.h      |   2 +
 5 files changed, 331 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

-- 
2.53.0